Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year

Its a new Year and a "new" beginning! I'm really excited to see what God has in store for me and my family this year! I know there will be some changes, good and bad, but God is in control and that gives me great peace and joy. I don't like making New Years Resolutions, because I break them or give up on them. But I do want to start/ challenge my self with something new [and try super super hard to fallow through with it] this new 2013 Year.
We all seen and heard about Project Life, and I love the idea behind it, but to try to make a 2-page layout EVER week seems too much for me, some weeks I cant even scrapbook one Layout! Plus I'm a stay-at-home-mom with a One year old, and that means some days are super super boring and dull. Boring as in, we clean, cook, and play, and that happens A lot during a slow week. My project life will look more like what I cleaned-and-cooked all week, not something I want to document each week and want look back at. So I've decided I want to try project life but on a smaller scale, I want to document Monthly. I'm thinking about doing 2 2-page layouts (the one with 4, 4x6 and 4, 3x4) that way I'll have 16 4x6 and same with 3x4, total of 34 pockets. That's more then enough room for photos and journaling. I haven't started yet so things may change down to just a 2-page layout. Either way I'm super excited to get my hands on supplies and get started!
So that was my first challenge to my self. The second is to take more photos. I also really want to challenge me self to us my Nikon camera instead of just my phone camera which is pretty crappy anyways. Plus if I'm starting project life that means I need photos to document with, so I'm taking up the 365 challenge I started awhile back but dropped it. I think I'll still post photos on my blog but do it weekly instead of daily.
Please join me on either both or one of the challenges and share them with me! I would love to see what you come up with!
Happy New Years to everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment